Because I haven’t been able to keep you current on the minutiae of life in Stimeyland lately, I’ve decided to publish this highly entertaining and informative update. (Why are you smirking?)
Without further ado…
Amazing things that have happened in Stimeyland lately:
1. Jack welcomed a child into our house with the child’s name. Highly uncommon. Then he looked the kid in the face and said, “Do you want to play hide and seek?” Unheard of. And so Jack, the kid, and Sam and Quinn all played a giddy, satisfying game of hide and seek.
2. Quinn has started napping again. But he’s incredibly discriminating in deciding where he sleeps.
4. Jack, heretofore resistant to so much as touching a crayon, sat down the other day after asserting, “I want to draw an apple tree. And, by God, the boy drew an apple tree:
This may not seem like a big deal to you if you have a non-delayed four-year-old, but I almost baked him a cake for doing this. He put stems on the apples, see? And he wrote (!!) “5-4-3-2-1-0.” And see that “1”? That’s not just a line; he made a fancy one. Who is this kid, and why does he look so much like Jack?
5. Sam entered and then concluded a prolific “Teddy Bear Phase” of his art. This phase culminated in a series of “Teddy Bear in Forest” drawings created after coming home from school the day they held a Teddy Bear Picnic.
6. I organized my work space:
7. I somehow ended up living with this incredible group of guys: