* School (for Jack and Quinn) was canceled yesterday because of a flooding problem in the church that houses our preschool. A suddenly long, empty day stretching ahead of us turned into a lovely morning, afternoon, and late afternoon of playdates.
* When the mom of my first playdate dropped her son off for Jack’s ignoring pleasure, she brought me authentic, homemade Chinese dumplings. I just ate them for dinner. Yu-Um!
* I’m one of Vanessa Van Petten’s 50 Best Mom Blogs! Me! Lil’ ol’ me!
* Even though parents of 2-year-olds (me) were required to attend today’s field trip to the fire station at the very time that I was also required to be co-oping in Jack’s class, and even though I had not put two and two together to equal “screwed,” things worked out okay. The fire station called yesterday to tell our class that they would bring the fire trucks and firefighters to us, causing me to be released from half of my “need to be in two places at one time” obligation. Magical!
* Leprechauns ransacked Jack’s classroom yesterday, leaving green painty footprints, overturned chairs, and a bowl of gold for the kids to find this morning. You should have seen Jack’s giant smile.
* Although I’m going to have 11 days in a row with no school soon, it’s not Spring Break yet!