1. I’m a nervous laugher and may guffaw inappropriately. If you start telling a story and I laugh waaaaaay before the punchline, just assume that I can see the funny coming in advance. I may also laugh even if I don’t get the joke, just so I can fit in.
2. I will say, “That’s so funny,” a lot. Every once in a while I will switch it up with, “That’s hilarious.”
3. I will blush a lot. Don’t worry, you haven’t embarrassed me. My body seems to think I am embarrassed more than I really am. So my rampant blushing means that my body thinks I should be embarrassed. I find that the blushing embarrasses me more than almost anything else in my life. In truth, I don’t take myself very seriously, so it’s difficult to cause shame or embarrassment in me.
4. Speaking of my traitorous body, it has refused to shed the
twenty fifty pounds I wanted to lose before the convention. Who knew that sitting in a chair and blogging while eating strawberry ice cream every night could cause so many problems?
5. Also, I have psoriasis. Feel free to stare at my knees, shins, elbows, ears, and scalp. And three spots on my left hand. It’s not contagious. But it is one of the reasons you will rarely see me wearing shorts or a bathing suit.
6. If you’re talking to me and want swag and I haven’t offered you swag, just go ahead and ask for the swag.
7. I’m not as insane or as funny as I may seem on my blog. In fact, I’m kind of boring. Although I am wildly inconsistent, so sometimes that unintentionally comes across as insane or funny. If you don’t find my blog funny, then I will be exactly as funny as I seem on my blog.
8. I may come up to you very excited to meet you and then not have a clue what to say. Feel free to step in and lead the conversation.
9. Guaranteed I will not recognize you or remember who you are for more than five minutes. I will have difficulty remembering your blog even if I read it every day. I may not remember Susan, and she will be my roommate.
10. If you are not going, I will miss you.
11. Basically, be prepared to see me acting like a complete (blushing) idiot—a completely happy (blushing) idiot.