So here’s something to bring joy to some of you and to scare others of you away for a few days. I’ve decided to write out my birth stories and post them here. We’ll get started on that tomorrow. For today, some stats:
All three of my births have been very different.
* All three births took place in a hospital.
* None of my births were overseen by my primary OB.
* Two of my births were natural, one was with an epidural.
* Two of my births involved doulas.
* One doula had my water break all over her.
* That was the only time my water broke naturally.
* My combined laboring time for all three births was 34 hours.
* Two-thirds of that laboring time was for my first child.
* Each of my births took place in a different state.
* None of my births were overly dramatic with the exception of the fact they produced living, breathing, actual human beings.
* Each birth was exactly as it was supposed to be.
* Kelley doesn’t. Sorry, Kelley.