I think it’s a requirement that if you are going to BlogHer that you have to sit down and write a post about going to BlogHer before you actually go to BlogHer.
At least I’m pretty sure I remember signing something to that effect. Or maybe those were outraged and vaguely threatening letters to various companies and government officials, I don’t rightly remember. I signed something.
Well, I am nothing if not a woman of my word (I’m not—I’m a complete flake), so here is my pre-BlogHer post.
(1) I’m going to start off with this:
That is a photo of most of the women who showed up for the DC-area pre-BlogHer meet-up. Not shown are Kristen (and her adorable baby), Andrea, Jill, Wife & Mommy, JavaMom, Jen, Kim, Katherine, Zandria, and Examorata. (If you were there and I left you off this list, let me know, and please accept my apologies. I have three kids, three blogs, and, like, three part-time jobs—I can’t even remember what I just walked into the living room for.)
That photo above shows CaraBee (whom I met for the first time last night), Teach Mama (who just got guinea pigs, so you know I looooove her even more now), Urban Mama (who is so cool she wore her sunglasses inside—although to be fair, it’s because she forgot her regular glasses), Jessica (who is not going to BlogHer, which completely devastates me), Lumpyhead’s Mom (who encouraged me to throw a grape at someone from across the room, and so I did, and I actually made the shot, and it was awesome!), Linda (who is your go-to source when you have borne many children in a short period of time), Tech Savvy Mama (whom I get to room with at BlogHer, although I’m worried now that she’s threatened to take photos of me while I sleep), Susan (whom I also get to room with at BlogHer and who I am hoping will defend me against Tech Savvy Mama’s nefarious plans), De in D.C. (who was the victim of my idiocy when she just needed someone to help her open a bottle of water and I refused to help and took a photo of her struggle instead), Laurie (who is tremendously cool and who takes even more photos than I do), Sarah (at whom I threw the grape), Kim (who is adorably pregnant and had a fabulous orange sash that I’m still jealous about), me (whom you already know waaaaaay too much about), Devra (who planned the whole damn thing and is just about the coolest person you would ever want to know), and last, but absolutely NOT least, Sue (who was fresh off of hosting three (3!) birthday parties at her house in one day).
Okay. I’m never linking to anything ever again. Plus, I think that’s the longest paragraph I’ve ever written on this blog.
(2) I have swag for BlogHer. It’s not as good as last year’s swag, but it is pretty cool in its own right. I’m not supplying details yet, but I will tell you this: I’ll be dragging around eight pounds of pens in Chicago. And it involves the following:
Hmmm… I guess I did just supply details.
(3) I don’t yet have business cards. You know, in case I run out of my eight pounds of pens.
(4) Last year I wrote a pre-BlogHer post to let you know some things about me. They are all still true. Please review them.
(5) I’ll be at Midway on the 23rd at about 10 a.m. If you’re there and you see me, grab me! I can’t wait to meet all of you!
(6) If you’re not going to BlogHer, I will raise a drink in your honor while I’m there.