* After school, Quinn told me that he’d taken a roll of toilet paper to school with him today because the school’s supply was “like sandpaper.” Evidently I have to pay more attention to what that boy is doing in the morning.
* In related news, Quinn won the “Funny Bone Award” in his classroom for “for making everyone smile.”
* Quinn has been complaining lately that his dreams are just “random” and don’t have a story.
* I spent the entire day in Quinn’s class on Tuesday as six different second grade classrooms rotated through different stations, one of which I headed up as the “mad scientist” in charge of leading the kiddos through the creation of dinosaur toothpaste.
I had been worried that I wouldn’t be able to pull off the “mad” part of “mad scientist,” so I decided to dazzle the kids with scientific illustrations that I produced.
If the science in that illustration confuses you, perhaps the Facebook status I posted Monday night will help explain things:
Basically I just yelled things really loud.
It was a lot of fun. Also, I went to bed last night at 9 pm because I was so exhausted. Teachers, you have my respect.
* Quinn ate part of a peanut butter and jam sandwich on Tuesday. This is more groundbreaking than it sounds.
* I’ve taken to looking at Quinn and saying, “You know what I love? Your face.” He tends to blink his eyes rapidly in response and then say, “Hi.”
* I think Quinn is pretty cool.