Oy, you guys. I just looked at my blog and realized that I’ve only written five posts in February. I feel a wee bit sub-par about that. This month has gotten away from me. Especially considering in January I told myself, “Self, this year you should try to write at least every other day.”
(Bad Self. Bad, bad Self.)
In an effort to up my number of posts to six this month with the hope that March will bring a whole new renaissance of insightful, funny, and heartwarming writing, I will close up February with a bullet point list of shallow, boring, and not particularly sentimental snippets.
• I am sitting at my desk and there is a cat sleeping next to me. I kind of feel like work cats should come with jobs. Like, at the interview, you’d be all, “So what is the salary and with how many work cats will I be provided?”
• Right on time for my 10-mile race this Sunday, my cold arrived yesterday. I am congested, have a sore throat, and am tired. Why? Why every time?
• One of the reasons I haven’t been writing here very much is because I have been co-chairing a big event at Sam’s school, which consisted of a teachers vs. students basketball game (that part I had almost nothing to do with) and a used book sale (this part I had a tremendous amount to do with). I sorted so many books into categories and carted so many boxes of books around that I’m almost ready to never see another book again in my life.
On the upside, I donated a bunch of books that I didn’t need anymore. On the downside, I brought home two full boxes of new-to-me books. Although I guess the real positive here is raising money for the school and helping provide a fun activity for the school’s families. I suppose.
• Sam got to help me at the book sale by also carting a bazillion boxes of books around and by selling pizza for three hours. It might be harder to get him to volunteer next time.
• When I was looking through my phone for the book sale photos, I had to scroll through approximately eleventy-million photos of the cats that Quinn took yesterday. I also found this one of Magician Ruby that he made me take.
Ruby was…not entirely happy about said photo shoot.
• I am hungry, but I can’t decide what I want to eat. That, along with the probability that something I want to eat is not in my refrigerator is leaving me completely immobilized. My life is terribly sad.
• The fact that it is still snowing today makes me want to cry. WHY CAN’T WE HAVE SPRING?